What to Do in the Event of
a General Liability Claim
What to Do in the Event of a Loss
- If an injury is involved, provide the necessary assistance to the injured party.
- Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the involved parties. Try to obtain a brief description of what occurred.
- Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Don’t admit fault or responsibility; simply give factual details based on your knowledge and recollection of the incident. Cooperate fully with police or any authorities investigating.
- As soon as possible, contact your agent to report a loss or you may contact our Claims Department directly using our 24-hour reporting line at 800 492-1205.
If you suspect insurance fraud, please contact our Special Investigation Unit at 800 877-0600.